Wednesday, October 1, 2008

God is Good!

That title could be appropriate for every blog I ever write, so you may see it again!
Okay, so basically, I'm just glad that God is on my team (or I'm on His -whichever)! I am so glad that I am able to trust Him and count on Him and just be His, you know? Here's the downlow: Lance has 2 part-time jobs (delivering Real Estate Magazines and Worship Pastor at C3) and I have a part-time job (teaching various classes at the City of Conroe Recreation Center). Needless to say, we are not rolling in the dough, but we are definitley making it okay. However, 2 pretty major things have happened recently that puts more than just a strain on our financial situation -- #1)We are having a baby and at my 1st OB appt, I was informed that I do not have maternity coverage on my insurance! We were told that we would need to call the hospital, pre-register, and then pay for the hospital charges by the 7th month, and that the doctors office would have a worksheet with a total of their charges by my next appt and that the total would also need to be paid by the 7th month! Needless to say, I was a little freaked out. We had good insurance when Boston was born, but I still saw copies of the bills and it was very close to $20,000!! Okay, so I was a lot freaked out! I talked to the hospital and the cost is incredibly lower when you pre-pay without insurance, so we are on our way to having that paid off. The OB/GYN that I had decided to go see was the only one that I knew of - she and her family go to our church. Her daughter used to be Boston's girlfriend - I don't think they have been playing together well lately - she has gotten taller than him, he must be intimidated by a taller woman! Anyway, she found out about my billing situation in her office and told the powers that be that she would not be charging me a dime!! I will still have to pay lab fees incurred while under her care, but that is all. So, God is Good!!
#2) We still own our house in Lamesa! We have had a family living there for the past year with a contract to buy the house on or before October 1st (today)! Well, they moved out last week without ever telling us! They still haven't told us and will not return our phone calls! So, we now have to pay 2 house payments to make and I have absolutely no idea how that is going to work!
So, how is God good in this situation? Because of Him and my reliance on Him, I am not worried about it! I think about what we are going to do, but He has given me a genuine peace about it, which is way cool! He knows what He is doing and I have never doubted the fact that He called us here to Conore to serve Him. Because of that, I know that He is taking care of what we left behind. I do hate that He has to use tough situations like this to teach us things, but I am definitely glad that He is in control and not me. So, let the lesson be learned - whatever it may be!

1 comment:

Ryan and Deminy... said...

So, we so didn't know that you are pregnant. Congratulations! When are you due? Won't Christmas be fun?!? We'll praying for you about the financial stuff. God is Good!