Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Heart is Heavy

Why don't the people around me love the Lord? Why do they waste their lives? Why don't they do everything in their power to honor and glorify Him? Why? Because I don't do my job as an ambassador for Christ! This heaviness in my heart all began with a phone call from a friend directing me to someones facebook page that included something that the caller, as well as myself, thought should not be there. It's one of those legalism of the church versus living under God's grace issues, which I hate. I mostly hate it because I know, in my heart, and in the leading of the Holy Spirit, that this "freedom" they claim to be living in is wrong, but I don't know God's Word well enough to refute it. So, I went searching -- I actually found LOTS of scripture and truth from His Word and was encouraged. I mean, I was encouraged because the truth was becoming clearer to me, but it just made my heart heavier for those who are decieved. I just don't understand it -- how people can truly claim to love the Lord and choose a path in life that looks like they desire to serve Him, and then get caught up in this whole emergent church lifestyle, becoming relevant to the world around them, and whatever other language they choose to attatch to it when it all, so obviously, contradicts the person of Christ. It just hurts my heart. I realize that I am, in no form of the word, perfect, but I do believe that there is a difference in a messing up but striving to be better AND living a life where you justify your sin in the name of Christian liberty! Anyway, that is where it all began for me this evening, then as I was in facebook, I saw some updated pictures and clicked on the album. It was an album of someone close to me and the pictures were of them drinking and partying and other things. It just made it all worse for me. I love this person and I hate to watch them waste their life on meaningless things. I aksed myself, over and over, as I looked at these pictures why they would be doing such things. Then, it hit me -- have I done anything to cause this person to want to live any differently? Have I shown them a picture of Christ in my life that causes them to want what I have? Do I love Jesus Christ so much that it is evident to the people around me? And the same goes for the people I was initially frustrated with, who choose to be free so they can do what they please, rather than be free to be like Christ -- I was looking for Scripture to back my claim so I could refute their actions, but really I just need to continually point them to Christ with my actions, show them the love of Christ, and do all I can to honor and glorify Him! That being said, I am glad that His Word encouraged me and enlightened me tonight so that I can be ready to share the truth when the situation calls for it.

2 comments:

sowlee said...

I found you with a google search. I had no idea. Now you're getting linked.

Andra said...

Hey Caroline Denise! I didn't even know you had a blog! Wow! It is thought provoking! Hope you are feeling better! I am anxious for boy or girl news! Love ya!