Monday, October 13, 2008

I'm Looking for the Shadow!

Okay, so God painted an awesome illustration for me yesterday at church, with the help of our pastor, Mike. Let me start with how it related to me -- the pastor did not include this part in his sermon, of course! Everytime we are outside - either simply walking to the car or actually walking somewhere or playing outside, Boston MUST be in the shade. He calls it a shadow. He will stop at the edge of the shade, where the sun begins, and not take another step unless he sees where the next shade will be. I am not making this up - it is hilarious. Luckily, in SouthEast Texas, there is lots of shade, unlike West Texas! So, the illustration at church yesterday was this: Are we walking in Christ's shadow or our own. If the Son (or sun) is behind us, we are walking in our shadow, but if the Son (or sun) is in front of us, we are walking in His shadow. It totally hit me that I need to be more like Boston, refusing to take another step unless I see His shadow. Boston chooses to only walk in the 'shadow' and so should I! It may make no sense at all to you, but it makes perfect sense to me, which is sometimes how God lessons go!

No comments: