Thursday, October 2, 2008

To Add Misery to Insult

Do you ever ask God, why? Or suggest that He hurry up and end the problem or answer the question or reveal the solution? That is the situation I am in. Just yesterday, I was totally satisfied with His plan and His sufficiency to care for the problem at hand and it is just amazing how much Satan hates that sense of peace that the Holy Spirit was providing me with. We found out today that our former renters left TONS of stuff in our house, so we have to decide what to do about that. That isn't really much of a financial issue as it is an I am plain ticked-off issue. It could turn into a bit of a financial situation when I have to figure out how to have their junk hauled off, but really I just need to allow God to help me forgive them and love them and quit being so angry! The 2nd thing we found out today is that there is a MAJOR water leak underneath the house, which will likely be a financial issue. We got the water turned off, but are now waiting on the plumber to assess the situation, which includes damaged floors inside the house!! So, there is not only the bill to take care of those problems, but it delays our ability to sell the house, you know? A mere 12 hours ago, I had such peace about this whole situation and I just need to calm down and allow the Lord to show me that He is, indeed, still in control! I gotta say, though, I still want to say -- hurry up! Get on with the lesson teaching and just take care of the problem. I mean, I'm pregnant and don't need this extra stress, right? I know, I know, He knows the entire situation and is still in control!!

No comments: