Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Happiest Baby Wise Whisperer on the Block at 12 weeks old

That would be the title of my book.
It would be for new moms who don't have the time/energy/determination/discipline to follow the "simple" plans outlined in the books hinted at above.
It would be a 2 step book and here is what it would look like:
1. Feed your baby when he/she is hungry and let them eat until they are full. (i.e. don't starve your child just because they are only "supposed" to have a certain amount of ounces or it's not the exact right "time" for them to eat.)
2. Put your baby to sleep when he/she is tired. (they are probably tired A LOT when they are babies, so let them sleep - don't wake them up to eat to stay on schedule and don't try crazy weird things to keep them awake because the book says they are supposed to be awake)

This has worked for me with 2 babies and they have both slept through the night by 8 weeks old. (not the dumb definition of sleeping through the night being 5 hours in the aforementioned books, but a solid 8, 9, or 10 hours each night).
I think I could be a millionaire. It's an easy read. It's a proven method. One problem: they can download the book for free right here! Darn!

Was this mean? Don't be offended if you are a scheduler (mustangsah) because I still love you and that works for you and I was NOT making fun of you. I am, however, making fun of the endless list of books available to "train" your child so you can have them sleeping through the night (5 hours at a time) when you can do the 2 most basic things for them (feed them and let them sleep) and it will likely happen anyway. Just a thought!

4 comments:

sowlee said...

I'm not offended!!! I'm pro-whatever gets the job done. Sometimes, keeping your head above water is the main focus.

Lacy said...

i like your book. i'd buy it. well i wouldn't now that i have experienced it but i would have a few months ago. hey check out that pic of julian on my blog. the one with the little hat on. i kept looking at it thinking it reminded me of one of my friends kids. it reminds me of boston a little bit. ha! a little i said :)

Lacy said...

and i don't appreciate both you and sally braggin about your kids sleeping through the night so early. alright already! yall win. julian didn't sleep the 9 hour thing till 9 weeks. errrr.. and the little turkey has been waking up again once in the mid of the night. can you add a chapter in your book to help with this set back :)

Denise said...

I'd buy it!