Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mothers Day/Mini Vacay

Mother's Day was GREAT - my mom has a conference in Houston all this week, so she came in on Saturday, we had mother's day and baby dedication at church on Sunday, then Boston, Dash, and I accompanied her to her hotel in Houston on Monday -- we went ice skating at the galleria, then visited the aquarium and had dinner there. It was pretty awesome - here are some cool pics:

Riding the carousel at the aquarium


All of us at the "picture spot" -- boston said this was the shark from Shark Tales



Boston as a scuba diver

Ice Skating -- woo hoo - what was I thinking? Really, it wasn't that bad - he just needs to learn to keep his feet straight!




What is that look?



Kisses on Mother's Day





They make me a mother!







Me and my mom (and a little bit of Dash's head and hand - couldn't crop anymore)! Am I the only one who feels sorry for their mom the older they get? Because I realize all of the sacrifices she makes/has made just for me to be comfortable or happy or taken care of -- she ALWAYS puts me ahead of herself and I grow more and more thankful of the mom that I have the older I get. They tell you this will happen when you have kids, but you never believe them (whoever "they" is). It's true, though, and I'm just glad that God is in control of who we are - who our parents are, who are children are -- He makes that happen, you know? AND, He knows exactly what He is doing. I'm so glad that's true -- I'm really glad that He gave me a picture of the type of mom that I want to strive to be for my boys, through my mom!






Mother's Day Lunch at Buca di Beppo - (Lance was there, he's just taking the picture)












5 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok i have tears in my eyes now. This is so true, the older i get the more i realize how much i took for granted the things my mom did for me. She wasn't perfect and we went through some rough times but she never stopped loving me and in the end that's all we really need. We as mom's do put our kids, (and our husbands and all the duties that come along with that) before ourselves but i wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Denise said...

I love love LOVE the faces that Boston makes!!!

Lacy said...

true dat! it really is cool how life just fits. the right mom, the right kid/s, the right experiences, CRAZY cool God!! anyways, just enjoyed your blog. wish i had some good mom's day pics. i need to take more pics of people besides Julian :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad to have that kind of mom too...oh wait....we have the same one!!! Wish I could have been there, great pics though!

sowlee said...

I'm sorry but you simply cannot be that thin after having a baby such a short time ago. You might be one of those ladies that makes me a little ill.