Saturday, May 9, 2009

My Pleasure

Awesome picture painted by none other than, my wonderful 3 yr. old, Boston:
I asked him to do something for me yesterday while I was feeding Dash (it would be a much better story if I could remember what that something was, but I can't -sorry). He did whatever it was and I said, "Thanks, Boston." His response: "It's my pleasure!" How funny is that? He's THREE years old!
So, how many times does God (via the Holy Spirit) ask/prompt us to do certain things? Answer: all of the time! Question: How often is our response -"my pleasure!"? The answer there for me is - rarely! That's sad, isn't it? I totally desire for my life to be all about Him, for my sole purpose to be to glorify Him, so why don't I take pleasure/find joy in doing all of the things that He prompts me to do? Why do we find it so hard or boring or (insert word meaning lame or weird or something of the like) to serve Him? We were created to enjoy God -- why is it so hard for us to see that? Why do we try to find pleasure in all of these other meaningless things?
My goal: For my response to God to always be: "It's my pleasure, Lord!"

Philippians 4:4 - "Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!"
Psalm 100:2 - "Serve the Lord with gladness..."
Psalm 16:11 - "You show me the path of life; in Your Presence there is fullness of joy, in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisified in Him." -John Piper

And, we'll end with a pic:

1 comment:

Andra said...

It is sad, but we often are so busy on our journey we don't recognize the joy in our journey along the way!

Anxious to see you all soon!