Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Therapy

So, either no one reads my blog (most likely answer) or no one knows anything about prayer (also a possible answer). It is mysterious, isn't it? I ask Lance all the time when someone asks for our prayer -- "why should I pray for so and so to be healed?" His answer is usually - because God tells us to. Then my response is usually, well, I'm gonna pray that we be okay with whatever His will is -healing or no healing, to make us give Him glory either way. And he usually tells me --"that's fine." So, that is where I am in my prayer journey -- it's conversation with God, yielding to His authority and His will, and asking Him to make my heart match His. So, if answer #1 is the case, I'm going to keep blogging because it is quite therapeutic to get it all out, you know?


Anyway, here's a pic for those of you who like that sort of thing:


This is Dashel at 10 days old -- he went to the doc today for his state mandated newborn screening. It was terrible -- heel prick and 5 minutes of squeezing his blood from his heel - the government should be ashamed of itself for requiring such a thing! Anyway, he is 7lbs 11 oz (he was born 7 lbs 0 oz) and is 21 inches long (he was born 20 inches). His circumsision is healed and his belly button is looking good. So, now if he can just learn how to eat more when it is eat time so he isn't so hungry every 2 hours!!!
I am not being partial to Dash by only posting a pic of him - Boston is still with my mom in Shallowater, so no new pics - he will be there 9 more nights!

So, either no one reads my blog (most likely answer) or no one knows anything about prayer (also a possible answer). It is mysterious, isn't it? I ask Lance all the time when someone asks for our prayer -- "why should I pray for so and so to be healed?" His answer is usually - because God tells us to. Then my response is usually, well, I'm gonna pray that we be okay with whatever His will is -healing or no healing, to make us give Him glory either way. And he usually tells me --"that's fine." So, that is where I am in my prayer journey -- it's conversation with God, yielding to His authority and His will, and asking Him to make my heart match His. So, if answer #1 is the case, I'm going to keep blogging because it is quite therapeutic to get it all out, you know?






Anyway, here are some pics for those of you who like that sort of thing:





4 comments:

caroldock said...

I'm sure there is some way to edit your blog once you post it, but I don't know what that is - so sorry for 2 paragraphs of the same thing!

Anonymous said...

I read your blog, but did not have anything inspired to say about prayer, i am still on my journey! glad to see the pic! See you in 9 more nights!!

Destiny Sports Mission said...

Hum...prayer? This is such a complicated question because prayer is so personal. I pray because, yes I am "commanded" to pray. More than that, prayer and then obedience is the most unselfish thing I can do for someone else, because it's not about me. Prayer is also me admitting my finite abilities.

I hope this makes sense. How's the recovery? To be honest, I really thought the recovery from the c-section wasn't that bad. I could actually use the potty without hurting, ya know?!? Let me know if there is anything we can do for you in the flatlands of West Texas. Love you!

Ryan and Deminy... said...

By the way, to edit your posts after they're up, go into "Dashboard," click "edit posts" and find the post you want to change, then click "edit." Hope this helps!