Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I didn't vote!

That's right and I'm not even sure that I am registered to vote! I know, I know - some of you will feel compelled to yell at me and I am okay with that. Here's the thing -- what good does it really do? Texas ALWAYS ends up voting Republican, which is what I would have voted, so my vote would have done absolutely nothing. I'm not griping about the system, but I simply see no need for me to take the time when it honestly doesn't matter at all! Now, if I lived in a state where I thought I could try to make a difference, then my attitude would be different, but I don't, so I see no need. Now, I sometimes have the same attitude about prayer, but that doesn't mean I should quit praying, does it? There really is a mystery around prayer for me -- if God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow - what does me praying FOR things do? I totally understand that it is important for me to have an intimate relationship with the Lord and have conversation with him and share things with him, but I am talking about the type of prayer where we ask God to change something like someones sickness or something like that (I can't think of anymore examples off the top of my head, but you know what I mean, right?). I mean, why do we pray for God's will to be done when we already know that it will? Anyway, it makes no sense I know, but sometimes I just don't understand why I should pray for certain things. All that to say, I still keep praying because even though I don't necessarily understand it, the Bible tells me to. I dont' think the same is true about voting - in certain elections, I really do not see the point for me to take the time to vote for the inevitable and the Bible is not clearly instructing me to do so, so I probably will continue to have this attitude!!

1 comment:

Andra said...

I do understand what you mean, but what a blessing we do have to have that avenue to talk to our Father in Heaven!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DIDN'T VOTE!! J/K!!!! I understand what you mean there too! I think it is worse to vote and know it isn't going to make a difference when you are in the minority like this year in New Mexico!