Thursday, January 27, 2011

Too Much!

To begin... these kids are TOO MUCH, aren't they?!
I can't help how cute they are - that's just the way they are!
And yes, we absolutely have 1 of each (1 lance and 1 carol) - it's really funny!







And now for the blogging,
There's just too much. I mean, what did I expect after taking a 5 month blogging hiatus?! Well, here's the thing. I get so much joy and conviction and wisdom and insight and pleasure from reading other people's blogs. I'm not going to claim to be able to provide any of that for the 2 people reading this (whoever you - my mom and sister most likely), but I just want to be obedient to God impressing upon my heart to be more real, to be open about who I am and my walk with Him. I have several 'friends' who inspire me when I see their lives lived out on their blog or facebook or whatever, to be more of who God wants me to be. So, here it goes.






Well, since I last blogged:



- we've moved out to Montgomery, TX (about 10 minutes from where we lived in Conroe, TX)



- I've become a cheer coach and part-time PE Teacher at a Christian School



- I've quit my job as a PE Teacher! (more about that in a bit)



- I've traveled to the Rose Parade in Pasadena with a dear friend, her mother-in-law, and Mr. Boston



- I've probably gained about 10 pounds (not a good thing for someone trying to sell herself as a trainer!)



- Lance has gone full-time at the Church



- I'm sure there is a ton more, but that's a bit of it anyway!






Here's what God is teaching me now --






In August, I started teaching PE at a Christian School, after already taking a job as their Varsity Cheer Coach. I was reluctant to do the PE as well, but it was very part time and they needed someone, so I agreed. It did not take long at all for me to realize that it was a career choice that I could definitely see myself enjoying but not right now. I still needed to be home with my kids! Financially speaking, it was not/is not easy to give up a paycheck to stay at home with your kids for free! But, it was very clear to me that it was where I needed to be. I do not doubt, however, that God uses our circumstances to teach us things. As I stay home full time once again, I am more THANKFUL to be here, to be the one loving on and teaching my kids; I don't long to be somewhere else. Does that make sense?






In November, my family lost a cousin, DPS Trooper Jonathan McDonald, who was in a car accident on his way to a call. He has a young wife and 6 month old baby at home. It was incredibly humbling and gut-wrenching to think of how their life is changed forever. Being there for the grieving with my family and funeral and burial, seeing how hundreds were coming to honor my cousin, it caused me to wonder what exactly people would have to say about me if I were to die tomorrow. Am I loving at all costs? Am I giving and serving and selfless? Do people see Jesus in me, without question?! What needs to change in my life in order for Him to be glorified?!






In December, a friend from college died in a car accident, leaving 2 small children, a husband, and a newborn they had to deliver via c-section before she died! My friend http://walkingfree.blogspot.com/ (Melissa) is keeping everyone updated on the status and you can find links to more info there. But, God is just opening my eyes as I follow this story, convicting me of how much time and energy I waste on things that are of absolutely no importance. I have precious time to invest in the lives of my children, to invest in the lives of those around me, to invest in my own relationship with the Lord, to be about seeing Him glorified in all that I do and say, and I choose to be lazy or selfish instead! Brie was doing all of those things, being the woman God called her to be and now her children and husband will live the rest of their lives without her. She didn't waste the time that she had. I've been really convicted lately to do the same. My friend, Melissa, who was very close friends with Brie, is loving on Brie's family, serving them, and being a prayer warrior 24/7. She's inspired me to be that kind of friend, to be that kind of person, to raise my children to trust in the Lord like that.






January -- here we are, 2011! I pray for my position as a Cheer Coach, as a Gymnastics Teacher, as a Personal Trainer - to be who God wants me to be to the people I encoutner in those positions. I pray fervently for my children. I want them to know Jesus so intimately. I want them to glorify Him with their lives. I pray that I can be the mother that they need to be that will show them the love of Christ. I pray for my church and where it's headed and my place in it. I pray for my friends, old ones, new ones, close ones, distant ones, that God would work miracles in their lives, that they would see His love clearly. I pray for the students in our ministry, that we could lead thim into a deep, intimate relationship with Christ, that we could show them what that looks like, that they would fall in love with Him! I pray for my extended family, their families, their witness, their circustamnces, and my relationship with them. I pray for my marriage, that it would bring glory to Him, that we would daily partner together to be whoever He wants us to be, wherever He wants us to be.






So, that's that. Maybe I'll blog again in the next few weeks. I love to see God at work and I hope to be able to share some of that with you through this site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! Praying for and with you sis!!

Lacy said...

thanks for the post!!! you definitely inspire me to be a better person!!

had a great time at the birthday party today.. sorry my little guy acts like he hasn't been around any other humans before :)

Melissa said...

Yay for your post! I've been praying for y'all losing sweet jonathan. He was just the best. This year had been so hard in so many ways...and I'm so encouraged by seeing all God is doing in your life. Love y'all! And yes...your kids are both of you!