Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hot Lava Sorry

i thought this little story was blog worthy:
So, we've been helping out at our church's youth camp all week. It was an outdoor camp this year for the first time, which was really cool. A family in our church lives out on a big ranch about 25 minutes from town and hosted us for the week. The kids slept in big huge tents and everything was, well, outdoors! I had no other choice but to take my 2 sweet children out there with me each day if I wanted to take part in the camp. So, on Wednesday, Boston spent practically the entire day in the pool. He got in at about 10:30 am, got out for lunch, then right back in, then out for crafts, right back in, then out for dinner, right back in, and finally out for good around 7:30pm! No joke. Luckily, the pool was located in the center of 'camp' so someone always had a close eye on him, but he was in his swimsuit ALL DAY LONG! Naturally, he began to complain of some pain inbetween his legs where his wet suit had rubbed him a little bit raw. He fell asleep in the car on the way home (seeing as how it was 11pm - I'm a terrible mom, I know) but when we did arrive home, I decided to put some cream on his legs. He was half asleep standing in the middle of the bathroom. I have the cream on my finger, I move towards the affected area to apply the cream when all of a sudden, my sweet groggy little 4 year old boy tee-tees right in my face! I yell "NO!" He immediately perks up, realizes what he's done, and begins apologizing like this:
"Oh mom, I'm so sorry, real sorry, like Hot Lava sorry!"
How can you not laugh at that?! Needless to say, he did not get into trouble - we applied the cream and went to bed!
Hilarious.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jason and I are still laughing about that!

Denise said...

Ha! Hilarious!!

sowlee said...

wow. that's classic. I love it. I hope your mouth was closed.

sowlee said...

ugh. you never update. I can't keep coming back here for MONTHS wanting to know what's up and finding out nothing! NOTHING!!!!!! Not everyone tweets and facebooks, ya know.